Subject: Re: Problems compiling Kernel 1.4.1 (StarMax 4000/200)
To: , <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/12/1999 20:03:10
on 12/12/99 3:05 PM, YB at yblock@home.com.yblo wrote:

> * boot from OF and it freezes.
>
> Any ideas, thanks!!!
>
> York P. Block
>
> ps. BTW. Can anybody tell what this means?
>
> # Dec 12 03:15:02 jupiter sendmail[822]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): hash map
> "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or directory
> Dec 12 03:15:02 jupiter sendmail[831]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): hash map
> "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or directory
> Dec 12 03:17:47 jupiter sendmail[1903]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): hash map
> "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or directory
>
> I have gotten this message I couple of times out of nothing.

I'm fairly certain that this means you haven't run newaliases. I believe you
have to run this after your initial system installation and after you edit
the password file (with vipw of course). I recall getting that error on my
pmax systems before I ran newalises. That should clear up that, as for your
kernel problems, I don't know enough to help you. My two attempts at kernel
building on my pmax systems have failed. I just need to get -current onto
them over a 56k modem somehow or find someone with a faster connection.

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."