Subject: Re: G3 killed me (was: BootX ide/OF interaction (or lack therof
To: MAZAfsckER , <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/05/1999 21:11:36
on 12/5/99 5:42 PM, MAZAfsckER at green@donnelly.cc.ks.us wrote:

> Hello.
> Even if I had the ability to to install the mulibooter from MacOS I
> wouldn't find it:
> check: http://www.linuxppc.org/userguide/of.html
> it says:
> [..]
> Those machines that can run Rhapsody can use Multibooter instead of Boot
> Variables. It's available from
> ftp://ftp.apple.com/devworld/Rhapsody/UsefulStuff, and is
> actually preferable to Boot Variables in Apple G3 machines since it
> applies some patches to OF.
> [..]
> this link is outdated.
>
> it says it applies some pathes to G3's OF.
> which? and where  can I find them..?
> so far I'm pretty familiar with OF, I need just some piece of code in
> FORTH to add to nvram.
>
> it can't be that I'm the only one who has similar problems with G3.
> if someone is using multibooter, please send me your OF output when you
> run 'printenv'.
>
> thanks a lot for any help.
>

> Regards,
>
> Igor N. Green

    Sorry for the confusion, you mis-read what I was saying. Multibooter is
no more. It has been replaced by a utility called System Disk for Mac OS X.
Which is available off of Apple's FTP site under devworld. System Disk
applied the same OF patch that Multibooter did to my 2.0f1. I just haven't
got the change to try booting yet.

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."