Subject: I need a kernel
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@augustsson.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/30/1999 17:42:17
Hi!

Could someone help me?  I've borrowed an iMac to debug the USB and wscons code,
but I cannot boot.  The reason is the well-known(?)
panic: startup: cannot allocate VM for buffers

So according to the FAQ I need to remove RAM (I don't want to on this borrowed
machine since it seems non-trivial) or recompile the kernel.  Well, I can't
recompile the kernel, obviously.

So, could some kind sould compile a netbsd-current kernel for macppc with
options BUFPAGES=800
and send it to me, or tell me wheer to get it.

And I need it NOW, because this is the only time I have to do this debugging.

	-- Lennart

PS.  How can you have a kernel that can't event boot machine with a lot
of memory as the default GENERIC?  It doesn't sound very generic to me. :)