Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Appletalk not working on NetBSD 1.4 on PPC?
To: Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/1999 16:47:13
On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Erik Fair wrote:

> For people who are not yet able to upgrade to a fixed version of
> NetBSD, is there a network range assignment scheme that you can
> recommend as a work-around for this problem? Fortunately, AppleTalk
> users don't really care what their network number is - they'll just
> roll with it if it changes.

The problem is only apparent with routerless configurations, for which
there can be no "work-around" configurations. The routes in this case are
hard-coded in atalkd.. I also doubt there will ever be a "fixed" version
of NetBSD - atalkd is trying to add overlapping routes, which can never be
a good idea. :-)

The netatalk package has been fixed. I think it's now really time for us
to have an asun package. Unfortunatly I don't really know what's what w/
asun at the moment..

Take care,

Bill