Subject: Re: that was really easy
To: James Spahr <james@designframe.com>
From: Geoffrey C Kinnel <Geoffrey.Kinnel@bms.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/1999 11:19:47
James Spahr wrote:

>  ok
>
> now - I'll keep digging, I can't seem to find out what these mean :
>
> boot scsi-int/sd@4:0
>               ^^^^^^
> James.

James,

sd = SCSI device
@ = at
4 = SCSI ID
0 = partition

This tells OF to boot off the internal bus (which is probably
what you want on the 7600, which is a dual SCSI bus Mac), from
the drive at SCSI ID 4 (which is probably *not* what you want,
see below), off the first bootable partition.

If you are booting from your internal hard drive, then you most
likely want:

> boot scsi-int/sd@0:0

If you have properly installed boot blocks, this should work.

You can set OF up so this is the default

> set boot-device scsi-int/sd@0:0

So next time you boot, all you have to do is type boot from the
OF prompt.

Hope this helps.

Geoff