Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Appletalk not working on NetBSD 1.4 on
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/1999 10:46:09
I wanted to mail this to this list, but as usual I inadvertently sent
it to someone else...

(this is a slightly amended version
I had severe problems with the 2.1.3 release both on i386 and macppc
under 1.4, since not all devices showed up when I did `nbplookup
=:=@*', and mounted volumes would spontaneously unmount themselves
with a "Connection to server has unexpectedly been lost". Upgrading
to pre-asun-2.1.4-35 and 1.4.1[1] did the trick, though I haven't
been able to get the authentication modules to load under macppc,
i.e., I cannot export volumes. I guess someone with more programming
experience than me should have a look at that problem. Works like a
charm on i386, though.

[1] The combination of pre-asun-2.1.4-35 & NetBSD-macppc-1.4 (as of
the July snapshot) was unreliable with respect to the "devices shown"
issue. Apparently this was somehow fixed in 1.4.1.
---
Hans-Christian Becker (hcb@phc.chalmers.se)
Dept. of Physical Chemistry
Chalmers University of Technology