Subject: Re: Mklinux TFTP Server
To: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/09/1999 13:18:07
On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Cliff Crawford wrote:

> By the grace of God, I have finally netbooted my B&W G3 and installed
> NetBSD on an IDE hard drive.  (halleluiah, angels singing, etc. :)
> For future reference, the TFTP server in the inetd daemon on Mklinux DR3
> seems to be broken, or at least does not react well with OF 3.1.1.  The
> G3 simply times out waiting for a response from the TFTP server.  (See
> my post on Oct 31 for details.)  When I installed a TFTP server on our
> NT machine and used that instead, everything worked perfectly.

That's weird.  NT doing something that works and Linux not?  Oh yeah,
that's right... MS contributed some money to Apple right about then... ;-)
Sorry... couldn't resist throwing out a conspiracy theory.  heheheh.

BTW, I doubt anybody every tried doing tftp with MkLinxu DR3.  You might
try grabbing the SRPM from pre-R1 (ftp.mklinux.org or any mirror) and
doing an rpm --rebuild tftp*.src.rpm, then an rpm --install tftp*.rpm and
see if the current one works.

Later,
David