Subject: Re: newbie question
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/05/1999 16:50:52
On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:

| Another option would be to go with MacOS partitioning, which is available
| in -current and recent -release branch kernels. Then keep an hfs partition
| around. I think it's fine to boot the kernel right off of there.

Is hfs support built into the kernel itself?  I thought this (booting a kernel
from an hfs partition) was only possible from OF.
It would be nice if I could dump the installation tarballs onto an hfs drive
and have the installer read them from there..is that even possible?

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
-><-                        Shall she hear the lion's roar?