Subject: Re: Weird OF problem
To: Jan Brands <j.brands@crypto.philips.com>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/05/1999 08:46:47
On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Jan Brands wrote:

| About my weird problem: I was playing with the idea of using the
| boot-command to build up a menu command in pieces. But my knowledge of
| Forth is so limited that I don't even know how to copy the contents of one
| variable to another one.

a @ b !
This would be the equivalent of a=b in C.
a @ gets the value of a and puts it on the stack, and b ! takes the topmost
stack element and stores it in b.
I don't know if this will work in OF though, it seems they've taken a few
liberties with the language (for instance you say "setenv auto-boot? false"
instead of something like "false setenv auto-boot?" or "false auto-boot? setenv")

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
-><-                        Shall she hear the lion's roar?