Subject: Re: newbie question with a twist
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/05/1999 07:14:18
OK. Let me display my ignorance...

If I have beige G3 with OF 2.0.x, and an ide disk (HFS) and
an external SCSI (with NetBSD 1.4), and I
want to boot.  Let's assume that I have an ofwboot file in xcoff.
(I don't)  Further assume that the owfboot file is
at the root level of the HFS filesystem on the ide.
I can put ofwboot.xcoff on the ide and do:

	boot hd:5,\ofwboot.xcoff

(Please forgive the artistic license, the "hd" alias varies, but I just want
to use this for an example)

I've done this on the B&W, and it gives me sysinst and the mini-root
filesystem.  How do I tell the boot process that the root device
is the external SCSI?

-dgl-