Subject: Re: Adaptec SCSI
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/1999 21:41:25
Some of the mails here about Adaptec (inadvertently) suggest that
they seem to be intentionally giving NetBSD a hard time. I do
not believe that this is the case. I would like to clear up
some things:

	* "other BSD developers have been asked not to share docs
	   with us". That's not really true; the not-sharing part
	   was based on someone's interpretation of an agreement
	   that people needed to sign for the docs. I haven't
	   seen this agreement, I do not know if it is true,
	   or that this is just a misunderstanding.

	* Adaptec did not "refuse" to do some of the things that
	  were mentioned. It's just that there has been no response
	  on some points. I do not know the reasons for this.

I'm sorry that some of the details of the attempts (the ones that
I am involved in, anyway) were posted to this public list; this
is not how things should be done and was unintentional.

I still think that mailspamming is very wrong. Of course, if
individual people want to express their desire for NetBSD
support as Adaptec customers to Adaptec, in a polite way,
then they have every right to do so.

- Frank