Subject: Re: Problems with a PMac 7600
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: None <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/1999 16:51:14
On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Aaron Jackson wrote:
>=20
> > looked at the source code, but I think it is just writing values to
> > nvram.  Also, you could set the screen resolution in macos and it
> > *should* also carry over into NetBSD, unless something in the boot
> > process resets the nvram.
>=20
> It does carry over. MacOS is why my Blue G3 is in 1152xbig mode. :-)
>=20
> Note: One time I switched monitors, and got only 640x480 until I booted
> MacOS. OF noticed that the monitor changed, and rolled back to a safe
> setting.

It seems that I should not have this problem because the resolution is set
to 832xsomething under MacOS.
Today I exchanged my AppleVision display (which is connected to the
ADB) with an Eizo 17" display to be sure that this is not the reason why
it doesn't work. Unfortunatly the resolution under NetBSD is still 640x480
also when I use an monitor adapter which tells the Mac that there is a
fixed frequency monitor with 1024x768 at 74,9kHz.
I have to set the output device to "/chaos/control" instead of
"screen". Could that be the reason? Has anybody successfully changed the
screen resolution of a PMac 7600?

=09Greetings
=09J=FCrgen
--=20
J=FCrgen Tritthardt             Max-Planck-Institut fuer med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg