Subject: Re: Problems Netbooting B&W G3
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/02/1999 17:27:11
Thanks for everyone's help so far. :)  I've gotten a little farther
now.  I added an ide drive to my machine to install on, and I'm
booting the installation kernel from a MacOS partition on a scsi
drive like before.  (I'll worry about the scsi problem later..)  Now
I'm having a weird network problem again.  I'm using the builtin
ethernet port (bm0).  Under MacOS, it works just fine, I can get on
the internet and stuff.  However, when I try to set up the network
in sysinst, it can't ping the gateway or nameserver, it says "ping:
sendto: No route to host".  I tried plugging it directly into the
wall instead of going through the hub, with the same results.  Is
the built-in ethernet also unsupported in NetBSD?  (Is there ANY
hardware that IS supported?? ;)

Thanks..

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
-><-                        Shall she hear the lion's roar?