Subject: Re: Problems Netbooting B&W G3
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/01/1999 20:50:37
On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:

| > I vaguely remember something about problems with Adaptec 2940 scsi
| > cards, could that be it?  (I wish the mailing list archives were
| > searchable...)
|
| Type dmesg | more and see what's listed.

I rebooted about five or six times, to read the fast-scrolling messages.
This looks particularly relevant:

Adaptec AHA-2940 Ultra 2 pci 1 dev 4 func 0 not configured

This is weird..how could the scsi card not be recognized by the kernel
which is booting off of a drive connected to the same card?

Also I poked around in the mailing list archives, and some people have
said that they've had success booting the installation kernel off of an
IDE drive to install on a scsi drive.  I guess I'll try that tomorrow.
*crosses fingers*

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
-><-                        Shall she hear the lion's roar?