Subject: Re: Interesting getty problem.
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/27/1999 14:54:28
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 02:46:25PM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > Hmmm. That could well cause problems. I'd say either run it witha serial
> > console off of one of the other protected machines, or leave it a
> > keyboard. :-)
>
> No, you misunderstand. It has a keyboard, only lacks a monitor. (...
> and yes, the adb cable is still plugged in and was not removed.)

Well, the machine shouldn't be able to notice the lack of a monitor. What
exactly is the error?

Are you sure nothing's touching the keyboard? We see weird authlog mesages
when something has fallen on the keyboard of one of our tape servers
(whose consoles are usually untouched) because something's on the keyboard
and keys are repeating.

Take care,

Bill