Subject: First boot failed
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Fabrizio Catalano <cata003@pn.itnet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/21/1999 16:44:36
I have spent some hours for installing NetBSD 1.4.1 on my Quadra 650
but at first boot I get always the following errors:

boot device: sd1
root on sd1a dumps on sd1b
PRAM: 0x337e7ac33, macos_boottime: 0x37e7ac2a.
root file system type : ext2fs
warning: lookup /dev/console: error 20
exec /sbin/init: error 20
exec /sbin/oinit: error 20
exec /sbin/init.bak: error 20
init: not found
panic: no init
Stopped in swapper at    _Debugger+0x6:   unlk   a6
db>

On the same machine I have another disc (300MB) with NetBSD 1.3.2 up
and running.

Now I should like to use a larger (1GB) disc previously used to try
the Debian  Linux for 68k.

I have used Apple HD SC setup to modify partitions as follow:
root 32MB
swap 40MB
usr 758MB
HFS 200MB

Then with Mkfs_1.45 I have changed the name of partitions partitions
and formatted them without errors.

Also the installation of sets was done without errors.

I have done two times all the procedure with the same result.

Maybe is necessary to format the entire disc? I  have not done these
because I have not a backup of my Macintosh files on the 200MB
partition.

Please help me!