Subject: Re: Adaptec 2930
To: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/20/1999 09:50:06
> To run a 2930, someone would have to write/port a driver for it.
> I don't believe that this has been done for NetBSD.

Assuming by "Adaptec 2930", he meant the 2930 under the name Adaptec
markets their Mac stuff under (which I suddenly can't remember...
something Domain... Future Domain maybe?), it works fine with the
existing Adaptec driver, but the macppc needs this patch to
sys/dev/ic/aic7xxx.c to make any adaptec card work:

*** aic7xxx.c.orig	Mon Sep 20 09:46:57 1999
--- aic7xxx.c	Mon Sep 20 09:47:53 1999
***************
*** 522,527 ****
--- 522,528 ----

  	bus_space_write_1(st, sh, HCNTRL, CHIPRST | PAUSE);
  #endif
+ 	DELAY(1000);
  	/*
  	 * Ensure that the reset has finished
  	 */

We haven't committed this because there's more consensus on the side
of "it's a bug somewhere else in the macppc bus code" than "it's an
bug in the Adaptec driver"

-- Dan