Subject: DEFPA / Interrupt problem
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/19/1999 17:11:52
I spent this weekend trying to get the DEFPA running on my B&W G3 under
NetBSD/macppc.  I'm running current from a few days ago.

The device configures fine:

fpa0 at pci1 dev 4 function 0: DEC DEFPA PCI FDDI SAS Controller
fpa0: FDDI address 08:00:2b:a1:89:3f, FW=2.46, HW= , SMT V7.2
fpa0: FDDI Port = S (PMD = Unshielded Twisted Pair)
fpa0: interrupting at irq 25

I can transmit packets just fine (the other system sees them with
tcpdump).  However, no packets are received.  This seems to be due
to no interrupts being caught.  But some interrupts came through:

$ vmstat -i
irq25                 6        0

Sine the DEFPA works fine under Alpha and i386, I'm wondering if this
is an endian problem or a macppc problem.

Any ideas?