Subject: Re: PB G3 without Floppy?
To: NetBSD <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: J. David Blackstone <jdavidb@dfw.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/19/1999 15:33:39
Hugh Caley wrote:

> I never got a response to my original post.  I have a Lombard laptop, and no
> floppy.  Is there any way to install NetBSD on it?  I checked out the FAQ and
> the installation docs, which seem to indicate you must have floppy and/or nfs
> access to install it.  I have neither.  Any hope?

Hugh,

  I'm in a similar floppy-less situation with one of the Blue and
White G3's.  I was able to boot NetBSD by saving the kernel
(netbsd-GENERIC_MD) in the root directory of my hard drive, booting
into OpenFirmware, and then issuing the command: boot
hd:5,netbsd-GENERIC_MD.  If you can do this, and get the *.tgz sets
onto a CD-R, I think you can probably get everything to work.  Good luck!