Subject: Making boot floppy by DiskCopy
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/19/1999 19:53:58
>                                   Sun Sep 19 19:44:06 1999
>                                                makoto@ki.nu

gr> Yep, there is no way to make a copy of the NetBSD boot floppy from
gr> within Mac OS. I tried with Disk Copy (from Apple), ShrinkWrap, and

I don't really understand the point above sentence mention,
but I usually make copy of NetBSD boot floppy by DiskCopy on
MacOS ( Making Copy from floppy, not from boot.fs )

  Suntar makes floppy from boot.fs (file)  but it seems to be weak
(fragile ?) to make robust boot floppy, so I usually make original
boot floppy by suntar, and make copy of that floppy by DiskCopy
(6.1.3).  (Diskcopy needs physical boot floppy. If someone provide
boot.fs.image, Diskcopy may generate physical copy from it of
course. )

http://www.ki.nu/software/NetBSD/PowerPC/sysinst/making-boot-fd.shtml
---
Makoto Fujiwara, Chiba Japan.