Subject: Re: booting problem with DT 266
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Clemens Heitzinger <cheitzin@rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/27/1999 16:13:51
gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@granularity.net> writes:

> You've got that beige G3 problem.
> =

> For starters, try issuing the boot fd:0 command twice (yes, this
> actually makes a difference).

Tried that.  After the first command, "CLAIM failed" nearly at once,
after the second, I get the rotating -/|, about two revolutions, then
"CLAIM failed".  Same after the third, etc.  (I tried this after
shutting down from MacOS, waiting for more than a minute (read this in =

the archive), and then powering up again.)

> Also, go read the list archives for July and August...
> =

> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/
> =

> (There's discussion of a beige DT in there somewhere that matches your
> situation pretty closely.)

The conclusion is, it doesn't work?

> If you still have problems (multiple CLAIM faileds), then there's
> 'something else wrong'. Did you ever enlarge on that statement, Bill?

Hm, can I help someone debugging?  And what are the chances it will
work anytime soon?

Yours,
Clemens
-- =

Clemens Heitzinger
Student der Techn. Mathematik, Technische Universit=E4t Wien, =D6sterreic=
Vienna University of Technology, Austria
http://ag.or.at:8000/~clemens