Subject: Re: Troubles with a vaguely 7500.
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@granularity.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/26/1999 12:51:55
At 12:28 PM -0700 8/26/99, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
>Well, in the hope that that fixes my problem, any bids for a 64 MB
>DIMM? I think it's 60 or 70 ns...

Try it before you sell the extra RAM.  70ns is the 7500 spec, but 60ns is
more available the last I looked.

>Is 192 MBs really *that* much RAM? Sheesh, UltraSparcs ship with 128
>MBs pretty much standard these days, as do most macs, even...

::shrug::  The hardware works once you get into MacOS.  NetBSD may have
fixed the problem too by now.  I'm pretty sure it was just the way OF
handled it.

>> Both have AV stuff.  It's on a daughter card though.  The 8500 is older,
>> but both have OF 1.0.5.
>
>I know. I have one, and have serviced both. The difference is that the
>8500 has an RCA video out port, which the 7500 lacks.

And the resolution/speed of the video capture.  I think the sound may be
the same though.