Subject: Re: ibook
To: Jason White <jawhite@nmu.edu>
From: Kevyn Shortell <kevyn@apple.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/12/1999 18:13:10
Soon is all relative. heh.

Currently you cannot run anything but MacOS on the iBook, so I'm
afraid you won't be able to run NetBSD on it out of the box.

I imagine the kernel team will be quite busy for awhile before a
release will work on it.

Kevyn

At 9:19 PM -0400 8/12/99, Jason White wrote:
>dear whoever,
>
>i will soon be recieving an ibook, and would like to not be a macos-running-
>lamer.  what kind of preperations should i make before installing netbsd?  any
>information you could provide me would be helpful, if it is anything beyond
>what is posted on your website.  also, i have run several versions
>of linux on a
>pc, but am by no means an expert.
>
>thank you,
>jason white
>
>jason
>
>http://art.nmu.edu/moon

Kevyn Shortell                    Worldwide Developer Relations
Linux Technology Manager          Apple Computer, Inc
kevyn@apple.com                   http://developer.apple.com/
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left"