Subject: Re: NetSCAPE ;) Communicator and NetBSD?
To: Grant Stockly <gussie@stockly.com>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/09/1999 15:36:14
> Is anyone in here currently working on it?  I'd offer to help.

Hm... I don't know.

Hey, who's working on what? I'm fiddling with:

- Trying to get PT_{GET,SET}FPREGS to work so gdb can do floating
  point registers. (I'm actually not making any progress on this
  front... I have no idea why what I wrote doesn't work.)

- Trying to get SIGFPE and fp{get,set}sticky to work, so powerpc will
  pass the tests in src/regress. (Having problems with PowerPC FPU
  semantics vs expected fp{get,set}sticky semantics that I keep
  meaning to send mail about...)

- Writing a (simple) Mac-format partitioning tool for NetBSD (a la
  i386's fdisk and MkLinux's pdisk) and making the disklabel code deal
  with random partitionings so you can mix NetBSD and MacOS/Linux more
  easily. (The first part is mostly done.)

I've also sort of been poking around sys/miscfs and Inside Macintosh:
Files with vague thoughts of writing hfs code if no one else was going
to do it. :)

But I keep getting busy with work stuff, so I'm not making a lot of
progress on anything really.

-- Dan