Subject: Re: Performa 6200CD
To: Matthew Browne <matthewb@ihug.co.nz>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/03/1999 11:16:41
On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Matthew Browne wrote:

> I don't think 8.6 has any problem with the 6200, I'm running it myself.
> As to the MkLinux thing, you probably will need to find out what is
> left to be done in MkLinux to get it booting. I believe David Gatwood
> who is also on this list could tell you more. If you do happen to find
> what is currently preventing it from running feel free to pass on the
> info.  :)

Right now, there are two issues.  First, in some cases, the machine
crashes at the splash screen.  I'm waiting to hear back from someone in
the UK who has such a machine to find out whether it's crashing in the
booter or in the early parts of the kernel (and even then, it might be
crashing even earlier in the kernel).  If it's in the booter, I'm not sure
what to do about the machines that do that.  If it's in the kernel, we can
fix that w/o too much effort once we figure out where it's crashing.

Second, on the rest of the systems, it gets down into the interrupt
handling code and will probably die there because I doubt it's completely
correct yet.  :-)

Later,
David