Subject: Re: NetBSD newbie
To: ArchAn6el <inphrar3d@relevant.wtic.net>
From: fission <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/1999 16:21:38
On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, ArchAn6el wrote:

> hello I have a Performa 6360 and I can't seem to get NetBSD to boot,

This is pretty generic - can you give us more specific information/error
messages?  Or is it just that you didn't have any info on how to make it
boot?

> I have been able to fully use LinuxPPC and BeOS, but NetBSD has
> no ducmentations on booting or installing on a Mac that I have found

There's plenty of docs around.  :)

Check out http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/
which is the NetBSD/macppc main site.  You'll be sure to find installation
help there (I did).

You can also read the main documentation at
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/

> if anyone has successfully installed on a 6360 please assist me
> if NetBSD will run on a 6400 it will run on a 6360 they are the same
> machine cept the 6360 isn't a tower, was called a Performa, and had
> slower CPU's
>     So 6400 people help too please.    :)

I've just installed my ethernet card today on my 6400 and am going to -
heh - attempt to netboot NetBSD.  Wish me luck.  B-)