Subject: iMac panics on netboot -- please HELP!!!
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Madon <madonl@bigfoot.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/18/1999 16:33:50
I'm trying to get NetBSD 1.4 running on my 333Mhz iMac.  The kernel loads,
prints a "warning: unable to find USB controller" [which apparently is
harmless according to Mitchell Spectors' How to run NetBSD on an iMac HOWTO]
and then displays the copyright messages and correctly identifies the cpu
and memory (160Mb).  But then i get "panic: startup: cannot allocate VM for
buffers" and the machine completely halts.  I have to do a hard reset to get
the machine going again.

Does anyone know what could be causing this???  I'd really like to have
netbsd running on the imac and its disappointing to be so close yet so far..

Thanks in advance
Louis