Subject: Re: Claim failed when going through a serial console
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/06/1999 14:45:56
> > We have tried using different images in the archive. We have also used
> > rawrite, suntar, fdimage, the "dd" command, and Disk Copy to make the boot
> > floppy. Each time we get the claim failed error. This is going through a
> > serial connection. What could we be doing wrong? Thanks in advanced.
>
> I'm not sure. Dan, what was this about some some machines needing serial
> console??

I don't know. I copied that part of the FAQ from messages in the mail
archive... It's possible that the person who thought the solution was
to switch back to serial console was actually fixing it some other way
(perhaps giving the boot command twice, as someone suggested) and not
realizing it.

Has switching from video to serial helped anyone out there boot?

-- Dan