Subject: Re: please support my Performa! :)
To: Rafael Bohrer =?iso-8859-1?Q?=C1vila?= <bohrer@inf.ufrgs.br>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@mvista.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/04/1999 17:01:28
On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, Rafael Bohrer [iso-8859-1] =C1vila wrote:

> Hi, I've been looking at your pages, and I'd REALLY appreciate if you
> guys could manage to support Performa machines. I own a Performa 6300CD,
> and it's very frustrating to see new releases of Mac-Unixes every month
> and find out that my particular Mac is still unsupported.
>=20
> I kind of work with the development of system software, too, so I'd be
> very glad to help you if possible.

If somebody wants to work on it, it's basically like a Performa 630
(mac68k) with a PowerPC card, a Valkyrie for video, and a fairly
transparent bus bridge.  I feel like there's a couple of other
differences, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

MkLinux is _working on_ support, but the architecture is pretty different
from all the other PowerMacs....

David