Subject: Creating serial console
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <UkneeqFNG@aol.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/02/1999 13:04:27
Hi,
   It is me again. I am trying to create a serial console to boot of the boot
floppy. A friend of mine is helping me. He has a PC running FreeBSD. He tried
last night to get it to talk and this is what he wrote to me:

I'm about to give up for the night, well as for a program called kermit for
FreeBSD it wasnt in the /stand/sysinstall program.  I also tried using tip
-38400 console  and FreeBSD responds console is an invalid terminal.  I have
only gotten it to say connected now but nothing appears on my screen or
yours.  I've been typing TTYA IO and pressing enter which turns your screen
off.  I hope I'm doing it right??

The serial cable is connected to my printer port because I have the internal
56K apple modem. I have tried typing ttyb before we hooked up the serial
cables and got unknown word error. What are we doing wrong??? Any help is
appreciated...the faster the better!

Thanks everyone,
Fedil