Subject: NetBSD on PowerCenter Pro... Sort of
To: PortMacPPC-NetBSD <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/26/1999 22:54:45
I have NetBSD 1.4 booting on my PowerCenter Pro, kind of.  I got the
OpenFirmware settings so when the console comes up, its on the local
monitor and keyboard.  For those interested, for the PowerCenter Pro the
display path is pci1/@D.  Also note that the monitor can't be on the PC
monitor port; it has to be on the Mac port.

I can also get NetBSD to boot off the floppy.  However it stops most of
the way through the boot and says something about the date moving 346
days ahead.  This is right after it tells me that the root file system
is of type ffs.  After this error message the boot stops.  I can then
look around the file system with the basic commands and even mount the
CD that has the 1.4 installation sets on it.  However, I can't find
sysinst anywhere.  From the installation notes I got the impression it
was supposed to come up in the boot.  Am I missing something?  Any help appreciated,

	-andy