Subject: Re: B&W keyboard stuff
To: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/04/1999 09:50:40
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Hans-Christian Becker wrote:

> I tried Bill Studenmund's kernel on ftp.netbsd.org, and it works like a
> charm. I immediately got the kernel source tarball and compiled a GENERIC
> kernel on the G3, and, yes, then the keyboard was gone. Yuck. Nevermind,
> WATERDEEP-47

Ick. That means the patches I'm holding onto need to be in the tree! :-(

> works just fine, and that's what I need for the moment. Now, did I miss
> anything vital, or is X unsupported on the B&W G3's? I boldly tried
> 'startx', but that kind of died...

It runs "fine" on my B&W G3. twm works great, and windomaker works ok.
Enlightnement didn't work, mainly as whatever it is that displays .xpm
images is hosed. Like only every 1 in 4 pixels is drawn:

 _  _  _  _	where "-" represents no pixel drawn, and "*" represents a
		drawn pixel.

> Anyway, thanks a lot, Bill. Now I can turn to the more serious work, i.e.
> get Gaussian 98 to run.

Gaussian 98?

Take care,

Bill