Subject: usb keyboard update
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/13/1999 19:41:22
As some of you may have noticed, Jason further modified the usb keybord
code today. I wanted to let y'all know how it does.

Well, it finds my usb keyboard as the console keyboard, as reported at
boot. I'm not getting the request for root device as I net boot, so it
knows where to go.

Also, Jason worked on the console code, and has it explicitly calling OF
for the debugger. This means that you can drop into the debugger early in
boot, and the keyboard works. With Tsubai's changes to ofwboot, we now
also get symbol tables. Thus when my kenrel panic'd early in boot, I was
able to get a stack trace with symbols!

Cool!

Thanks to everyone who has helped!

Unfortunatly the "must press shift first" bug is still there. I haven't
tryed Tsubai's patch yet.

Take care,

Bill