Subject: Re: usb mouse goofyness on B&W G3 Powermac
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/06/1999 15:13:40
On Thu, 6 May 1999 14:52:51 -0700 (PDT)
 Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

 > I'm having trouble with my usb mouse on my G3 powermac. Mainly if it's
 > attached and I press a key, the key keeps repeating.
 >
 > I'm really uncertain as to what to do to fix it.

I think it may be some sort of race condition, such that it only happens
on faster machines; your G3 is 300MHz, correct?

I have not heard of this happening on the (slower, 233MHz) iMac.

...and I'm going to plug your G3 keyboard into a USB port on my 200MHz
PPro in just a little bit, so we'll see if it happens there, too :-)

It's probably worth filing a PR about, that way Lennart can have something
pestering him about it :-)