Subject: USB keyboard now works without kludge
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/06/1999 12:44:52
Hi folks...

I have committed all of the changes necessary for the iMac and new G3
to attach the USB keyboard properly, without the need for a source
modification in a local tree.  It all happens based on what the
OpenFirmware says the console input device is.

This also fixes ADB keyboard support on the new G3.  ADB keyboard support
should work just fine on older PowerMacs, too, but we're going to test
an 8500 and a 7300 RSN.

I've asked that these all be pulled into the release branch, so that
1.4 (i.e. the CD being given away at USENIX!) will support these systems.

I think Charles Hannum is hoping to demo an iMac running NetBSD in the
NetBSD vendor booth at USENIX!  So this was the source of some of the
development push :-)

Thanks lots to Bill Studenmund for testing the spew of patches that
came flying into his mailbox, and thanks Tsubai for catching some of
the glitches in my Bandit changes :-)

FWIW, the test system has been a new G3.  PCI IDE works great, and there's
also a BusLogic BT-958 SCSI in it, which also works fine :-)