Subject: Re: How to Install ?
To: port-macppc@netbsd.org <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Sylvain ROUGIER <Sylvain.ROUGIER@grolier.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/27/1998 11:11:20
Sylvain ROUGIER wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         Once again, someone can't install NetBSD on his computer  :-)
>
>         I have downladed the boot floppy (and the binary snapshot).
>
>         Since I don't have any terminal ( I have a PC but not the cable to
> connect it to the mac using serial), I have configured OF to handle
> screen/keyboard from the mac adb screen/keyboard.
>         I load the netbsd kernel, all seems ok until the kernel start (?) at
> this point I see nothing anymore leaving no choice but reboot.
>         I have the feeling that the kernel upon starting handle all
> screen/keyboard from the serial line.
>         I am wrong ?
well, now it seems I am right :-)
I finaly succesfully instal netbsd 19980808 on my 9500/200. ( the
19981023 floppy fail during install, sorry can't remember the error for
now).
The question are....where are X11 ?
It seems there are none.
Should I build it myself ?
if so, how do I ?
I  download ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/xsrc, I only get
X client not server ?

Where can I found X server ?

S.R.