Subject: Re: Please help a newbe?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Shifflett <mshiffle@interport.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/11/1998 15:46:12
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Anthony D. Saxton wrote:
>
> > Now a new problem! The installer expects to get the tgz files through a
> > network! I have them on and HFS drive. What type of network? Appletalk? Can I
> > use the old LC II that I'm using for a terminal to network the files? Do I
> > need an ethernet setup? Am I screwed? LOL
>
> You'd need an IP network of some sort, and an ftp server on the other end.
> That'd mean either Ethernet or maybe ppp. If the LC II has an ethernet
> card, you can use NetPrez (I think that's the name) to be an ftp server,
> which the PowerMac could download from.

The easiest and quickest FTP option is to use either NCSA Telnet or
BetterTelnet which have ftp server capabilities. Run it on the LC by
simply enabling ftp with passwords disabled and ftp from the powermac
using the LC's IP address. If you really want to get fancy you can use
NetPresenz or Rumpus

Marc Shifflett

Fight Spam! Join CAUCE! == http://www.cauce.org/
Outlaw Junk E-mail! Support HR 1748.