Subject: Please help a newbe?
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-port-powerpc@moderators.isc.org>
From: Anthony D. Saxton <lna@bigfoot.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/08/1998 18:17:13
I am trying to install NetBSD on my PowerComputing PowerCenter. I have
downloaded all the files (didn't find a kernal though!), created the
boot floppy and figured out how to get to Open Firmware to boot it. I
was lost at this point! I could not figure out how to initiallize and
install on the hard drive. So, back to MacOS...

>From MacOS I used the NetBSD mac68K tools to initialize the partitions
and install the packages for the NetBSD powermac. Now when I boot the
floppy, it doesn't even see the drive I intended to use! The drive in
question is located at SCSI address 4. Originally it appeared, as
expected, at SD2. Now my Jaz drive (formally SD3) appears as SD2.

There has to be a procedure to install on the hard drive! I just haven't
found it yet!

Please help!

Thanks,

Anthony D. Saxton