Subject: disk/floppy issue
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Shifflett <mshiffle@interport.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/04/1998 16:15:57
Hi,

I have an older internal Quantum Fireball 1080S 1GB disk on the external
scsi bus that refuses to be recognized on boot. Another IBM 2GB disk on
the same bus is recognized by NetBSD. Does anyone know if the Quantum
drive has some weird firmware that prevents it from being seen? I'd like
to get it working so I can install the sets. My only other option is a
270MB Syquest removable.

980715.fs and 980725.fs boot floppies work fine but the screen text is
very 'muddy', almost pixelated, and much smaller than 980624.fs. What
could be causing this? Not a huge deal obviously but I'm just curious.

PowerWave 604/120, Apple 16", 64mb RAM, ATI XCLAIM-like video card

Thanks,

Marc Shifflett

Fight Spam! Join CAUCE! == http://www.cauce.org/
Outlaw Junk E-mail! Support HR 1748.