Subject: Re: G3 support
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/25/1998 19:03:08
On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:
>
> > Bill> Other suggestions?
> >
> > Didn't you boot the box from OF console?  If not, get
> > bootvars utility and configure to enable OF.
> >
> > ftp://ftp.linuxppc.org/utilities/bootvars.sit.hqx

I'm having trouble with this step. I got boot variables (version 1.2), but
it doesn't work. Each time I run it, it complains that the NVRAM is
corrupted. ??? Even when I have it write values out, if I have it then
re-scan, I get corrupted variables again. Everything comes up blank; no
strings in the text fields, all the numbers == 0, and all the check boxes
unchecked.

The linuxppc web page didn't seem to help either. :-(

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Bill