Port-mac68k archive

NetBSD in QEMU (was Re: Installation Error For Mac68k NetBSD on SE/30)

Hi Paul,

On 8/22/23 7:54 AM, Paul Ripke wrote:
> fwiw, I successfully installed netbsd mac68k under qemu, by booting an
> install kernel from hfs, and running from there. I gave it a second
> 1GiB disk image for netbsd, which sysinst dutifully partitioned and
> created an ffsv1 filesystem on.
>
> The booter now successfully loads and boots the netbsd kernel from
> the ffsv1 filesystem.
>
> I haven't tried bigger disk images, but this setup is great for
> experimentation, and easy enough to do.

Please post some information about how you got NetBSD to run in QEMU,
including your version of QEMU, your QEMU command line, etc. Does your
NetBSD client have network access? Does it need to be able to boot Mac
OS 7.5.5?

I've used QEMU to create reference GNU/Linux root filesystems (Debian
SID and Gentoo) for m68k ("-M q800" and "-M virt"), but I've never
installed NetBSD in QEMU.

thanks for any information

-Stan