Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBSD/mac68k on Quadra 800

At 22:01 Uhr +0900 26.04.2021, Rin Okuyama wrote:
[Quadra 800]
>I disabled iwm(4)
>in kernel config file. Otherwise, kernel crashes in strange ways...

This _is_ funny. I don't see why IWMBase should point anywhere else for
this machine than for the Q650...

Then again, to the best of my knowledge, the only 68040 machine with IWM
register compatibility is the Quadra 700 - the very first 040 machine, and
the only one to come with a first-generation SWIM.

All the later models shipped with the SWIM2, which did away with the IWM
registers. I guess iwm(4) should just check for the model, and punt for all
other Quadra class machines.

Cheerio,
Hauke