Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBSD 8.0 on a Mac IIsi

> 25 jan. 2019 kl. 13:38 skrev David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>:
>
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 at 03:33, Bjarne Bäckström <m9411%abc.se@localhost> wrote:

>> Now I recall it was the MiX X server by microimages.com .
> […]
> Hope you've stashed away a copy :)

   Yes, I just discovered that I have it installed on a Mac IIfx, but I also have copies on diskettes and DVD:s —somewhere. Have recently moved to a new apartment…

[…]
> Given the performance of modern machines I wonder how much quicker it
> would be to build packages on a fast amd64 box under tme or xm6i? I'm
> pretty sure a virtualised x68k box with maxed memory would build 68k
> packages much quicker than a Performa.
> https://www.netbsd.org/ports/emulators.html#ports-emulators :)

   Maxed memory makes wonder on ”the real thing” too. The IIsi, that has 65 MB of RAM, compiled everything much faster than the Performa 450 with 34 MB of RAM. I have to use the SBC disk drivers, and I don’t know if they are slower than the ”non SBC” drivers, but my HD:s are embarrasingly slow under NetBSD, which of course is noticeable when it comes to heavy swapping.

Best,
/Bjarne.