Port-mac68k archive

NetBSD 8.0 on a Mac IIsi

   Had intended to install it on a Performa 450, but that machine popped a few capacitors after having been unused for a couple of years. So instead I decided to try a IIsi with 65 MB of RAM.

   Installation (the whole kaboodle including pkgsrc) went without any trouble at all, and I managed to get ssh and X forwarding working, so I could continue with configuration via a ”familiar” keyboard. Also compiled and installed Lynx.

   Sometimes the IIsi actually felt ”snappier” than the Performa running NetBSD 7.x, probably because the IIsi has nearly twice as much RAM, and therefore doesn’t have to swap ”all of the time”.

   Kudos to the maintainers!

Regards,
/Bjarne.