Port-mac68k archive

NetBSD 7.01 on Mac LC III - notes

A couple notes:

— As the booter was installing the system under the netbsd-GENERICSBC instkernel, I happened to notice that it was pulling kern-GENERIC.tgz from the repository. Since I know that my HD drive craves GENERICSBC to work well - and assuming that the ole noodles had correctly interpreted what it saw - I installed kern-GENERICSBC as an ”extra”, once the ”standard” installation had finished. After booting I could verify ( in the /usr/INSTALL directory) that kern-GENERIC.tgz actually had been installed per default.

— The provided $PATH is showing both /usr/X11R7/bin and /usr/X11R6/bin, despite there is no X11R7 directory, and no available R7 binaries either, as far as I can find. Does this mean that X11R7 is underway?

Best  regards,
/Bjarne.