Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBSD 7.x on Mac LC III ?

Hi, John, thanks for replying!

> 10 juli 2016 kl. 14:25 skrev John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost>:
>
>>  What is the verdict on installing NetBSD 7.x (7.1 preferably, of course) ”as is” on a Mac LC III with an FPU and 36 MB of RAM?
>
> I've run NetBSD 7 on a 16 MHz m68030 Amiga 3000 with 16 megs of memory, so your LC III shouldn’t
> have any problems running it. ssh will take quite a bit of patience, though.

   Yes, I had it running as an RS232 ”terminal server” under NetBSD 3.<something>, so that people could access my vintage computers via the Internet from the other side of ”the puddle”. ssh was a problem, because new users’ connections would sometimes time out, before the negotiations had finished.

   Good news anyway. Maybe I should even try to install it on a Mac IIsi with 64 MB of Ram, just for the fun of it…

Best regards,
/Bjarne.