Port-mac68k archive

Unusual LC III behavior after install

Hello all,

I recently unboxed my LC III and went about trying to make 5.1 behave on it.
I've run across something curious: the GENERICSBC kernel blows up when booting
my installed system, but if I boot the INSTALLSBC kernel and tell it to ask for
a different root at startup (and specify my install), it boots fine.  For some
reason I had thought the INSTALL kernels were basically the GENERIC kernels
with an install ramdisk tacked on.

In any case, I haven't done any in-depth investigation (leaving for Scotland on
Wednesday, have to stop poking around and get things ready), but it's an
interesting problem to have.  I'll start by comparing the kernel configs.

- Dave