Port-mac68k archive

Re: PCMCIA card support?

Well, I don't have any code for that, and I don't have much understanding of programming for NetBSD, but maybe this is of help. A couple of years ago I was experimenting with Debian Linux (2.4 kernel) on my Powerbokk 5300. During that time somebody introduced code for PCMCIA-cards on the 5300. I beleive most of the hardware in the 190 and 5300 is identical. The 5300 PCMCIA is 16bit, no zoomed-video, just like the 190 one, and the available PCMCIA-cards work equally well on both models. I remember that I got both wireless (Orinocco) and ethernet (3-COM) PCMCIA-cards working under Linux, then. Now, the corresponding (somewhat unofficial) Debian NuBus-PPC branch got sort of orphaned I think, but it seems that the sources are still available: http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/ I have no idea, if the code can be ported, but it might provide some useful hints.

Good luck, Andreas