Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBSD 5 hang

>> The OS is not hung, since for you to see that output, sshd must have
>> got some user time.  Your "it" is ambiguous, but in view of the
>> Subject: I suspect a lot of people will read it as saying that
>> "NetBSD 5" hung, which I don't think is quite fair in this case.
> I'm a big fan of reducing ambiguity where possible, and you're right
> that a hang would usually imply a complete system hang.  What would
> you suggest this be called?  A partial hang?

Perhaps.  Or perhaps

| Subject: NetBSD 5 ps hang

| ... while running ps via ssh, it - ps - hung. ...

> It turns out that an ADB keyboard only gets recognized if it's
> plugged in at boot time, so I won't be able to get into the debugger.

Grr, yes.  I guess we can but hope that it's reproducible enough that
someone can make it happen again deliberately.  As it stands, about the
only clue I see there is the [tstile] in the ^T output, but I don't
know whether that's useful or not.

I wonder if you can come in via ssh a second time and do anything
useful with gdb, either on ps or on /dev/kmem?

\ / Ribbon Campaign