Subject: Experimenting with the nadb(4) new ADB
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/2007 22:48:01
Hi all,

I'm experimenting with using the new machine-independent ADB subsystem
-- nadb(4) -- in mac68k.

So I've adapted the MacII ADB controller code (which is the controller
in my Quadra 700) from adb_direct.c to work with the nadb(4) driver.

This is what I have currently (work in progress).

http://www.telefonica.net/web2/marco2z/adbii.c

The advantages of nadb(4) are:
- sharing code with macppc
- support for multiple devies of one type
- better support for some keyboard (leds, caps lock, etc.).

At the moment I have not tested the support for multiple devices since
it caused problems with earlier iterations of the driver, but it may
work with the current version.

Currently I have my extended keyboard and mouse recognized and they
appear to work [well, about the mouse, I see its generated events, but
at the moment I don't have any application to use the mouse, since
nadb(4) uses wscons(4) events rather than the ADB event device].

If you are interested, I'll upload a kernel image so you can test it
easily, since it requires a few quirks to disable the MD ADB code.

Thanks,
Marco